Don’t fight, debate!
The Caucasus Institute organized a Debate tournament with the participation of 25 young scholars, students and civil society representatives with various backgrounds on December 11-16, 2018 at Arthur’s Aghveran Resort.
The interactive and dynamic 5-day Debate Tournament strengthened the participants’ argumentation skills and debate techniques. The debates, conducted in a special debate format developed by the CI team, covered a wide range of topics from freedom of speech and social media to political analysis, democratization, and human rights.
The facilitators of the tournament were:
• Ani Akhverdyan, Russian-Armenia University
• Armine Sahakyan, Caucasus Institute
• Liana Avetisyan, Caucasus Institute
• Mariam Muradyan, Caucasus Institute
• Nina Iskandaryan, Caucasus Institute
• Tatev Khachatryan, RA Ministry of Education and Science
• Samvel Martirosyan, Media Initiatives Center
• Alexander Markarov, Director of the Armenian Branch of the CIS Institute
• Tatevik Khachatryan, Open Society Foundations
• Alexander Iskandaryan, Caucasus Institute
• Anna Israelyan, Aravot Daily
The Debate Tournament was organized by the Caucasus Institute with the support of the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.